Stephen P. Merritt, DDS, FICOI & Associates
- University of California at Berkeley, California – B.A. in Biochemistry
- University of California at Los Angeles, California – Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- Additional elective training beyond requirements
- Two Oral Surgery mini-residencies at Harbor General Hospital and UCLA
- Pedodontics (children) at Martin Luther King Hospital
- Summer internship for chairman of Orthodontic Department at UCLA
- Venice Dental Clinic - Volunteered summer session-free clinic
- University of California at Los Angeles Hospital Residency - Advanced surgical , medical and advanced prosthetic training
- Invisalign – We are a "Preferred Provider" for Invisalign - Advanced Certification I and II (invisible braces)
- Implant Placement –FICOI - Fellowship of International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Implant Training - Hiossen, Inc. and Nobel Biocare
- TMJ - Advanced training on jaw joint and muscle related therapies
- UCSF Medical Center Multidiscipline TMJ/Occlusion three year study club
- Cosmetic Dentistry - Crowns to full reconstruction of the mouth
- All phases of surgeries - wisdom teeth - implant related surgeries - prosthetic surgery
- Completed over 2,100 hours of continuing education courses
- Community Service - Donating to the needy - Veterans - Women's Crisis Center - High School Sports
For over thirty-five years Dr. Merritt has been serving the City of Pleasanton and the surrounding areas. Dr. Merritt enjoys his family dental practice and is proud of his staff. He enjoys yoga, golfing, biking , backpacking to beautiful areas in the Sierra's with his family and Zena the family's dog!
I am truly excited to announce my partnership with Dr Lincalel Helmbold and Dr Cristian Fernandez. We ask that you join us in welcoming them to our dental family. Together, we look forward to combining our unique skill sets to provide you with the best care the dental industry has to offer.
Dr. Helmbold brings a wealth of Prosthodontic experience and unbridled passion to the dental profession. She is a proud graduate of the University of Dental Medicine in La Plata, Argentina. In 2004 she began her Master and Post graduate program in Prosthodontic and Oral Rehabilitation under the instruction of world recognized Dentist, Dr. Anibal Alonso. In 2005, Dr Alonso invited Dr Helmbold to work with him in his practice. He became her mentor and she became a part of his team in the Master Course as an Assistant Professor. In 2012 Dr. Helmbold completed the two year International program with high accolade at the University Of Pacific Dental School in San Francisco. Along with her proven skills, she is a well-respected clinical lecturer and experienced instructor for Oral Rehabilitation. She has lectured in Peru, Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina.
Dr. Fernandez graduated from The National University of Cordoba, School of Dentistry in 1998, he relocated to California and became a board certified dentist in 2003. Driven by his dedication for Dentistry he completed his Post graduate in Prosthodontics and Oral Rehabilitation under the instruction of world renowned Dentist, Dr Anibal Alonso and his now wife Dr Helmbold.
With guidance from prominent dental experts, they have continued to expand their knowledge by taking additional courses around the world in the areas of Bone and Periodontal Regeneration, Implants, Dental Aesthetics, Digital Smile Design, Myofascial pain, TMJ disorders, and Laser Therapy. Their extensive educational background has laid a strong professional foundation that allows both Dr. Helmbold and Dr. Fernandez to provide each patient with the excellent dental care while using the latest technology and techniques.
I am delighted to introduce them both and humbly thank you for your continued support and the opportunity to serve your dental needs.